Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Day 10: New York Epic Tuesday

Hello readers,

So I apologize for my lack of updation in the past week. Whenever I travel to New York, any or all productive well-intentioned activities get thrown out the window and replaced with dissemination of currency, lapses in judgement, and well... dance-offs. All these things really don't benefit anyone (maybe the economy), but I have left you all hanging.. and so for that I will be blogging the remainder of my week to keep you all up to date. My apologies.

For my Tuesday, I keep a tradition with 4 friends called Epic Tuesday. Derived out of pure boredom, and the common thought that Tuesday is by far the worst day of the week (not quite Hump Day, but over the weekend high), we decided to create events that would make us look forward to this dreaded day. Even as I moved out of New York, we have kept it alive and have all attended every Epic Tuesday when the 5 of us are in the city. To keep our group anonymous, I will name the participants as follows: Fatty, Boo, High Five, and D.

We usually switch off our Tuesdays by drinking events or eating delights. For this particular Tuesday, we chose to go with culinary consciousness. More specifically... frequenting this place:

Sushi Yasuda. Simplistic Designs. Solid Food. We began the dinner with two appetizers; the Monkfish Liver and the Sea Bass.



The sea bass was lightly coated with a flaky crust and was so soft and supple.. it literally took me 3 times to get the fish on my fork. It was also gone in about 5 bites (one for each of us).

The monkfish liver had a unique taste, but was also incredible soft to the tongue and pleasantly with no sort of aftertaste.

I could really speak on and on about how much I love sushi.. or I could just show you the best part of the meal:

Ah yes. 5 different types of sashimi with 2 sushi rolls to accompany. I would compare this fish with Sugarfish's sashimi. Really fresh and tender, tons of flavor, really no need for any sort of acoutrement on top. However, I would say that the sushi rolls were a little lacking (plain fish inside, rice wasn't the best I've had).

For $22 bucks a person for this entree, it's not a bad deal.. and surprisingly, it leaves one feeling quite full (I know, I didn't think so either, but those fish have a way of sneaking up on you).


To finish up, my friend G had gotten our group some cupcakes (yes, 3rd time's a charm.. or an extra stomach roll) from Magnolia Cupcakes.

Chocolate, 2 Carrot Cake, 2 Red Velvet, and Coconut. They were gobbled up in approximately 30 seconds.

To finish up the night, we went to Leisure Time Bowl, a bowling alley located in the heart of Port Authority. Yes, the bus terminal. While it seems unlikely that this could be an appropriate place to show off the best that Miami, California, and New York could offer, it had a great Night Owl Special which was 29 bucks for 2 hours of bowling, shoes, and this maginificent yard of Yeungling.


Between the beer, the dancing, and the oh-so-mature name calling, another Epic Tuesday was successful in accomplishing its mission.. being hung over for Wednesday.

On to Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment