Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 7: Jen vs. the BBQ

On Sunday, I attended a birthday party for J which turned out to be an engagement party (congrats J&M!) -- when my friends and I arrived, I was already steeling myself for the battle of the 'que.. which proved to be quite tough, because the entree(s) were all based around the famous Brett's Barbeque in San Diego:

As you can see on the verrrrrrry left (in a barely discernible bowl) were the non-meat (also known as skanky because they just couldn't fill me like my usual fix) sides: Salad, Potato Salad, and Beans. To the right loomed my contenders: ribs, chicken, and other type of delicious seared and grilled meat. It was really tough, but with the help of about 4 servings of salad, a ton of beans, and lots of wine... I was able to persevere. Towards, the end, I was treated to a oh-so-pleasant surprise... CUPCAKES.

This friends.. is the money of money-est cupcakes. I mean.. look at that filling in the CENTER! It just makes you want to shove your face right in the center and just root around like a little groundhog sniffing the grass. YUMMMMMY. (Thanks to Suzy's Cupcakes for providing these delicious pieces of nomnom).

This will be a short piece as I am writing from the Big Apple, and preparing myself for all the gastronomic experience that NYC has to offer. Next up: Korean Food to the fullest - homecooked.. and restaurant-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment