Thursday, March 11, 2010

New York I hate you (Monday)

Usually when I think of New York, the following things come to mind: Amazing friends, Epic Tuesday (more on that during tomorrow's post), and fooding. So much fooding. However, when it's all said and done, the elimination of meat really colors every relationship I have with the city. Doesn't matter that my friends are here... I want to slap them silly everytime they stick a delicious slider in my face or warble on and on about chicken and rice (YES I am speaking to you). Epic Tuesday is not so Epic when your very drunk self can't go to the normal kati roll joint and pick up some chicken tan-AWESOME. And fooding.. oh fooding. Let me give you just a short example of what I am missing:
Exhibit A: The beef. For dinner a bunch of colleagues and I decided to hit up the K-town classic BCD Tofu House. As fellow meat eaters, they decided to get some kalbi to supplement their tofu soups. It was placed RIGHT in front of me. I think my resolve almost broke when it was sizzling, smelling delicious...

I had to pretty much stick my face into this lovely thing to forget about my troubles:

Thank you soon dubu (with not-so-fresh oysters) for being so delicious. and salty. Although burping you up post-meal was not the best feeling in the world (especially when you're running on a treadmill) the high sodium and subsequent red overload was worth it.

Every slurpy spoonful.

2 comments:

  1. You realise every single NYC posting makes me drool and miss the deliciousness!!!

    The fact you would even walk into a place serving Korean BBQ is pretty impressive in your current state - I would try to eat my clothes if I were you.

    MISS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a thanksgiving sandwich yesterday. It was delicious

    ReplyDelete